The Singer 8280 is a sewing machine designed for small budgets, but which is also robust. It is a mechanical type model that offers the essential sewing stitches. Simple to use, it is extremely efficient and will delight you in its use.
We invite you to discover our test and opinion on the Singer 8280 through its characteristics, but also its strong and weak points to allow you to make an informed choice.
Presentation of Singer 8280 Sewing Machine
The American brand Singer is one of the biggest brands in the field of sewing. It has been building a solid reputation since 1850 and has been delighting its customers ever since.
The Singer 8280 is a sewing machine for sewers of all levels. It is easy to use and versatile and you will be able to use it with any fabric.
This very complete machine is ideal for small budgets. You will be able to enjoy it for many years and install it easily thanks to its small size. It is compact, but also quite light, perfect for taking it with you when traveling.
Technical specifications of the Singer 8280
The Singer 8280 sewing machine is a mechanical one and it will allow you to take advantage of the following features:
- 16 adjustable stitches including straight stitch, zig-zag stitch, stitched zig-zag, blindstitch and 4-step automatic buttonhole;
- stitch length adjustment ;
- simplified threading ;
- reverse ;
- 7 programs ;
- work area lighting ;
- free arm ;
- 6 drive claw heads ;
- 4 presser feet, one of which is a standard presser foot, one for zipper sewing, one for buttonhole sewing and one for darning ;
- 85 Watts of power;
- sewing machine weight of 7.5 kg ;
- The Singer 8280 sewing machine, is a solid machine model.
- The fact that it is compact and lightweight makes it easy to set up, but also to store it if you don’t have a sewing space where you can leave it or if you want to be able to take it with you when you need it. It is also equipped with a carrying handle to simplify its transport.
- To put on your sewing machine, simply follow the path indicated on it by means of a system of clearly visible and legible blue arrows.
- The number of stitches available is a little limited, but it allows you to take advantage of the essential stitches for sewing.
- You will be able to select the sewing speed that suits you best since you will have the choice between 3 of them.
- The feed dogs hold the fabric securely in place, and the pressure of the presser foot can also be adjusted for thicker fabrics.
- It is also possible to adjust the thread tension manually.
- The lighting provides a sufficiently bright sewing area for comfortable working.
- The Singer 8280 is not only durable, but also sturdy due to the use of durable materials in its construction.
- Also appreciated are the accessories that are sold with it and that allow you to take full advantage of the sewing machine, for example, the various presser feet.
- Sold for a good price.
This sewing machine has many advantages. However, like any other device, it also has some drawbacks.
- Some users criticize the user manual for not being easy to read to get started. It may then be necessary to do it several times to master certain features, otherwise, it is also possible to use the tutorials available on the Internet. Nevertheless, the sewing machine is quite easy to use, since it is rather basic.
- The Singer 8280 sewing machine is quite noisy compared to other models.
- In addition, when sewing at maximum speed, as it is rather light, it manages to move under the effect of vibrations.
- Quick and Easy Threading
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure
What type of seamstresses is it aimed at?
This sewing machine offered by Singer is aimed at a large number of types of seamstresses.
Indeed, the Singer 8280 can be chosen by a beginner seamstress who wishes to discover and learn sewing with a simple machine but offering the basic functions . This way you don’t run the risk of feeling overwhelmed by too many stitches, multiple settings, etc. and discourage you.
It is also suitable for more experienced seamstresses , because it offers the essentials for your sewing projects, regardless of the fabrics you choose.
It may also be suitable for an occasional seamstress . Indeed, it can be put away and taken out of a closet easily , for example, when you just want to hem or repair a zipper, etc.
The Singer 8280 is therefore a sewing machine that will satisfy a large number of dressmakers .
Our opinion on the Singer 8280 sewing machine
The Singer 8280 sewing machine is a very good machine without breaking the bank. Its quality / price ratio is excellent . It allows you to take advantage of a versatile and solid machine . The fact that it is of the mechanical type will delight those users who are more reluctant to use electronic sewing machines which may appear more complicated to use.
It does not offer the superfluous and is satisfied with the essentials which allow you to focus on learning how to practice rather than learning to use a machine. It combines the advantages to fully satisfy you and fulfill its role perfectly.